we read the smallprint
Some of the weasel words to watch out for in landline contracts include:
- penalty charges for not using the phone enough!
- automatic rollover - if you forget to stop the contact it carries on for another year - or longer!
- hard to hit notice clauses - your chance to give notice to end the contract must be given within a highly proscribed timetable - or you're stuck with the supplier again. And the price has probably gone up.
- price rises - you can get stung for price rises during the contract and yet be stuck with the supplier
- unexpected contract changes - you get new contract terms foisted upon you, perhaps because of some 'change' of circumstances - or just because the supplier can!
- unexpected ending of supply - even though you have a contract, the supplier stops supplying you because his price has gone up
Landline charges are surely a vestige of the analogue age - with BT trapping us all into needing one for broadband. Strange how all the landline suppliers charge pretty much the same - guess they all come from the same place.
Let us introduce you to a supplier who offers:
- monthly line rental for £11 ex vat per month (less for residential!)
- Care Level 2 support (even covers Saturday morning)
- no price rise during any agreed contractual period
- 1p/min local, national and 03 calls, 9.5p/min to UK mobiles
- three month minimum contract period
- one month notice can be given at any time after the initial contract period
The following suppliers have agreed to these terms for smallprintbrian referrals. Registered business users will see details here.
Please be sure to read all your contracts - seek advice if in doubt. It could save you heartache and cash! We recommend oldstreetlaw.com
Remember - you'll almost always loose your supplier if it goes bust, whatever your contract says!